San Diego Activities: Visit La Jolla Village & Cove
Visit La Jolla Village & Cove, one of California’s most beautiful villages and coastal parks and one of the most popular San Diego Activities.
La Jolla Village & La Jolla Cove is considered one of California’s most beautiful beachside communities.
This picturesque seaside community is made up of 7 miles of coastline along the Pacific Ocean and is in north county of San Diego off I-5 freeway and 14 miles from the San Diego Airport. La Jolla Village is serviced by the Old Town Trolley Tours, and multiple bus routes.
The township of La Jolla Village & La Jolla Cove offers many fun and interesting activties and things to do for any type of interest; active, relaxing, etc.
Some of the highlights of visiting La Jolla Village and the area include: Playing Golf at Torrey Pines Golf Course, Hike Torrey Pines Trail at Torrey Pines National Park, Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institute of Oceanography & more.
More details for visiting La Jolla Village & La Jolla Cove include:
- Walk along La Jolla Cove: One of the most popular activities for visiting La Jolla Village is taking a leisurely stroll along the beach. La Jolla Cove has amazing soft sandy beaches with beautiful shades of blue water that frames the rocks that are home to the Sea Lions, Seals, Birds, Pelicans and other sea life.
- Watch the Seals and Sea Lions: La Jolla Cove and beaches are home to harbor Seals and Sea Lions. The best place to see La Jolla Seals and Sea Lions is along Coast Boulevard from Children’s Pool, a protected beach area and La Jolla Cove and to the famous Caves of La Jolla in front of The Cave Store. It is an easy walk in between these two points and takes only 10 minutes to walk. Be sure to bring your camera!
- Kayak the Sea Caves: If you are feeling a bit more adventurous you can take a Kayak Tour of the Sea Caves of La Jolla. There are a couple of options for renting a Kayak in the area of La Jolla Shores. The Kayak Tour companies will provide all the equipment, instruction and guides who will take you to visit the beautiful coastline and Sea Lions relaxing on the rocks and enjoying the perfect weather. You will also see the bright orange Garibaldi fish, Leopard Sharks, and depending on the season, you can also see the occasional Humpback Whale and Dolphin during your tour
- Surfing and Body Surf: Let’s catch a wave! La Jolla may not have the monster waves found on the North Shore of Hawaii, but the waves found in La Jolla and off Windansea Beach are perfect for Surfing and Body Surfing.
- Watch the Paragliders: Look up in the sky above La Jolla Shores and you are likely to see the many colorful Paragliders that dot the sky, playing along the coastal winds. If you are a thrill seeker you can take a tandem ride with an experienced Paraglider pilot.
- Lay on the Beach: Some of the most beautiful beaches in all of North America can be found right here in La Jolla. You can come prepared with towel, sunscreen, drinks and shades and enjoy a day lounging on the beach or just grab a seat on the sand, rocks or beach benches and talk in the clean sea air and think about nothing.
- Grab a Coffee: La Jolla is home to a few Starbucks but there are also a number of locally owned Coffee Houses where you can grab a great cup of coffee, latte or other brewed drink and take a walk to the beach and enjoy the incredible views.
- Shop! Shop! Shop!: Do you need a new hat, shoes, new watch, a painting? The stores of La Jolla Village have you covered. You will appreciate the small village appeal of shopping in La Jolla Village. Browse boutiques, specialty shops, locally owned stores, art galleries, jewelry shops and several big brand clothes stores like Ralph Lauren.
- EAT! With all the things to do in La Jolla Village you are likely to build up an appetite and you are in the right place. Eateries in the village include a few franchises, but for the most part the culinary selections are locally owned or smaller brand restaurants including; Eddie V’s, Donnovan’s, Sushi on the Rock, Burger Lounge, Herringbone, Ale House and many more. Try a few places!
When you visit San Diego, be sure to take a day out of your visit and enjoy La Jolla Village and La Jolla Cove - these are among the most popular San Diego Activities.