San Diego Attractions: The San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony is one of the top San Diego things to do offering a rich and varied musical calendar throughout the year in San Diego.
San Diego Symphony
1245 7th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
About the San Diego Symphony:
The San Diego Symphony performed its first concert on December 6, 1910, and 100 years later it still entertains San Diego visitors and residents with outstanding musical concerts and productions. Attending the San Diego Symphony is one of the top San Diego things to Do, as tourists are presented with a wide range of performances that cover a broad spectrum of musical genres.
The San Diego Symphony is one of the leading orchestras in the United States, and is a designated Tier 1 Orchestra, as rated by the League of American Orchestras. The San Diego Symphony commits itself to providing musical experiences of superior quality to greater San Diego and beyond, making it one of the premier things to do in San Diego.
Why You Should Attend the San Diego Symphony:
The San Diego Symphony calls the historic Copley Symphony Hall its home, one of the finest classical music venues on the West Coast. The Keating Hotel is located just blocks from Copley Symphony Hall, so you’ll be able to easily get to extraordinary musical productions in this beautiful and majestic facility.
The San Diego Symphony presents a rich mixture of innovation and education, with programming designed to appeal to all ages and cultures.
Tips for Attending the San Diego Symphony:
- The San Diego Symphony offers more than 100 concerts each season, with indoor performances that include the Jacob Masterworks series with music director, Jahja Ling. Make sure that you inquire about these special concerts.
- The City Lights series features principal Pops conductor, Bill Conti, and popular guest artists like Jennifer Holiday, Peter Cetera, Michael Feinstein, and Kenny G.
- The San Diego Symphony presents a Family Festival, which is a great musical event to bring little San Diego visitors to. The Family Festival features kid-friendly concerts that adults love as well.
- Each summer, the San Diego Symphony performs Summer Pops concerts at Embarcadero Marina Park South, which are just minutes from The Keating Hotel. The Summer Pops concerts present a nice mixture of classical favorites and pop music in a festive, outdoor setting.
Interesting Facts About the San Diego Symphony:
- The San Diego Symphony recently celebrated its 100th anniversary, and the group is the first California orchestra to reach this milestone.
- Recent Summer Pops guest artists include Frankie Valli, Aaron Neville, LeAnn Rimes, Chris Botti, Kool & The Gang, Wynonna, and Frank Sinatra Jr.
Visit our San Diego Visitors Blog >
View our latest Special Offers >