San Diego Attractions: USS Midway Museum
The Keating Hotel is located close to many popular San Diego attractions like the USS Midway Museum. One of the top San Diego Attractions is the USS Midway Museum which allows visitors to learn about history and explore maritime life in sunny San Diego.
USS Midway Museum
910 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92132
About the USS Midway Museum:
At the USS Midway Museum, you can experience life at sea without ever leaving the Port of San Diego. Imagine surrounding yourself with the sights and sounds, and the day-to-day routine, of America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier. When you’re wondering what to do in San Diego, consider spending an afternoon at the USS Midway Museum.
The USS Midway Museum is one of many San Diego Attractions near The Keating Hotel. The USS Midway Museum welcomes visitors onto a floating city at sea, where they can walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Midway sailors who served the Unites States of America and protected her shores.
Why You Should Visit the USS Midway Museum:
The USS Midway Museum is one of the unforgettable San Diego Attractions that tourists often come to see time and time again. The entire family can enjoy exploring more than 60 exhibits and a collection of 29 restored aircraft.
San Diego visitors who love historical sites, will surely love visiting the USS Midway Museum. Enjoy a self-guided audio tour narrated by Midway sailors and enjoy history coming to life. If you dare to “take to the sky,” try out one of the USS Midway’s thrilling flight simulators.
Tips for Visiting the USS Midway Museum:
- The USS Midway Museum has a wonderful café on board, with patio dining in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Stop here for salads, sandwiches, and more family-pleasing meals while you Tour San Diego’s USS Midway Museum.
- The USS Midway Museum’s gift shop is located on the ship’s hanger deck, where the Midway sailors once repaired jet engines. This newly-expanded facility now houses a nice range of clothing, books, CD’s, DVDs, souvenirs, and USS Midway memorabilia.
- The USS Midway Museum presents many fun San Diego events throughout the year, so check the Museum’ calendar for San Diego Activities and exhibits that occur when you’re visiting San Diego.
- The USS Midway Museum is open every day of the year, except on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Interesting Facts About the USS Midway Museum:
- The USS Midway conducted the only ship-based V-2 rocket launch in Operation Sandy in 1947.
- The USS Midway aviators flew dangerous missions in Vietnam.
Are you looking for interesting articles about visiting San Diego? See our San Diego Visitors Blog >