Things to do in San Diego: Discover the Gaslamp Quarter
Visiting San Diego? Then you will no doubt want to spend time in San Diego’s most popular neighborhood, the Gaslamp Quarter. See this San Diego Travel Blog article, ‘Things to do in San Diego: Discover the Gaslamp Quarter’ and learn all there is to experience in this historical neighborhood.
After spending the day at SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, or one of San Diego’s beautiful beaches it’s time to enjoy what the night has to offer, and the Gaslamp Quarter is a great place to start. Plus, you’re in luck, as a guest of The Keating Hotel, you only need to step out the lobby door and you are in the heart of the excitement the Gaslamp Quarter is known for.
Our latest San Diego Travel Blog article; 'Things to do in San Diego: Discover the Gaslamp Quarter' – introduces you to San Diego’s most vibrant, diverse and eclectic neighborhoods.
About San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter: Of course, San Diego is known for the beautiful beaches and near perfect weather, but San Diego is also known for its most popular neighborhoods, the Gaslamp Quarter.
The Gaslamp Quarter is a 16 square block area of downtown San Diego that is home to great restaurants, nightclubs, comedy clubs, retail shops, theaters, coffee shops, dessert shops, movie theaters and more. Other significant landmarks located near the Gaslamp Quarter include; Petco Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Seaport Village and San Diego Bay to name a few.
What you should know to Discover the Gaslamp Quarter:
- Nightclubs: You have your choice of a variety of nightclubs in Gaslamp Quarter, from smaller, more intimate lounges to literal mega clubs with resident and visiting DJ’s that are among the best in the world. Venues include; Omnia, Prohibition Fluxx, Parq, Lair, bassmnt and others. For the latest information on the best nightclub options during your stay just ask our friendly Concierge.
- Lounges: These are smaller more intimate ‘lounge’ options that offer great music, handcrafted cocktails and seating areas. These options include; Mina Lounge, Art Hookah Lounge, Myst, Vin De Syrah and False Idols.
- Restaurants: Let’s Eat! There is no shortage of restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter and thankfully many of them are fantastic. The dining venues in the Gaslamp Quarter range from small, independent spots to, award-winning Sushi restaurants, multi-floor Steak & Seafood restaurants to nationally known franchise restaurants. Some of our favorite Gaslamp Quarter Restaurants include, Fogo de Chao, Theatre Box, Rustic Root, Taka, BarleyMash, STK Steakhouse, Nobu Sushi, Hopping Pig, Searsucker, Gaslamp Fish House and Café 222 (located right next door) to name a few.
- Live Music: If you love live music, you are in luck! There are a number of great bars, rooftop bars and stage venues that offer local and nationally recognized live bands who play a variety of live music, including; Patrick’s, Prohibition, Henry’s Pub, Shout House, Tin Roof, Tipsy Crow and others. Ask our Concierge for the latest information on the live bands and venues.
- Shopping: The Gaslamp Quarter has loads of great little shops and boutiques, including; Shop on 5th, Sketchers, Bubbles Boutique, Bait, Costa Fashions, Gaslamp Garage, Designer Millinery, Lucky Brand, Overload, Urban Wave and more.
- Ready to Laugh: If you enjoy a good joke or a lot of them, you’ll enjoy the local talent and nationally known headline comics who perform at either of the two Comedy Clubs located in the Gaslamp Quarter; American Comedy Company and Mad House Comedy Club.
- Odds, Ends and Everything Else: Looking for something else? There are many more great places to discover in Gaslamp Quarter including; Chocolate Shops, Coffee Shops, Cigar Lounges, Billiard Bar and Bowling Alley.
Our latest San Diego Travel Blog article; 'Things to do in San Diego: Discover the Gaslamp Quarter' highlighted only a few of the great restaurants, bars, music venues, shops and other venues you will have at your doorstep when you visit San Diego.
Visit our San Diego Visitors Guide for more recommendations for all there is to do, see and experience when visiting San Diego.