Things to do in San Diego: Guide to Visiting Seaport Village
See this latest San Diego Travel Blog article, ‘Things to do in San Diego: Guide to Visiting Seaport Village’ and learn all there is to do, see & experience in this historical waterfront complex.
In between spending a day at the beach, San Diego Zoo or Balboa Park, plan on spending an afternoon at one of San Diego’s lesser known attractions, Seaport Village. This waterfront complex features a variety of dining and shopping venues set at the south end of downtown San Diego.
Our latest San Diego Travel Blog article; 'Things to do in San Diego: Guide to Visiting Seaport Village' – introduces you to this fun and entertaining plaza that features over 50 restaurants, retail shops, art galleries and 90,000 square-feet of prime waterfront property.
Location: 849 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
One of the most fun Things to do in San Diego is to visit Seaport Village, a charming seaside multi-use center located on the San Diego Bay, south of downtown San Diego and just blocks from The Keating Hotel. Seaport Village is a great place to go shopping, dine at some fabulous San Diego Restaurants, and even hear live music. At Seaport Village, you can attend several fantastic Annual Events and simply enjoy the beautiful waterfront scenery of sunny San Diego.
Why you should consider a Visit to San Diego’s Seaport Village:
Seaport Village is picturesque, boasting the charm of a seaside town with the stunning San Diego Bay in the background. Some of the best of San Diego can be found at Seaport Village like more than 50 San Diego Shopping boutiques, a variety of restaurants in San Diego ranging from Mexican cuisine, Sushi, Steakhouse and more. Also, Seaport Village is a fantastic venue for outdoor entertainment and musical events that draw tourists and residents alike.
Tips for Visiting San Diego’s Seaport Village:
- If you’re looking for some of the best San Diego Restaurants, you’ll find many of them at Seaport Village, including options to get light snacks, indulge in comfort food or enjoy a steak and seafood dinner.
- You’ll find beer, wine, cocktails, popcorn, cookies, and more at Seaport Village. Look for eateries offering a view of the Bay, for a real treat.
- The San Diego Seal Tour leaves from the marina at Seaport Village where guests ride an amphibious vehicle that drives off land and into the water where it travels like a boat.
- Seaport Village has its own lagoon and marina, and this fun San Diego Attraction is where the magic in San Diego resides during the holiday seasons where the buildings are decorated with the current holiday theme in mind.
- San Diego Trolly Tours has a convenient stop at Seaport Village so departing from the village to other tourist locations in town is easy.
- In April, the Busker Festival comes to Seaport Village which attracts some of the best street performers from around the world.
- From March to December, listen to live music in the Food Court of Seaport Village, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- If you’re visiting San Diego during the holidays, head to Seaport Village and attend events like the Easter Bunny Photo opportunities, Halloween Bash on the Bay, Surfin’ Santa and Breakfast with Santa for the Christmas Holidays.
- Seaport Village offers a great vantage point to view the annual San Diego Bay of Lights Parade.
Interesting points of interest at San Diego’s Seaport Village:
- Seaport Village has a world-class carousel that is great fun for visitors of all ages.
- You can walk past Seaport Village to see San Diego Marina and look at all the amazing and beautiful boats moored in the marina. You can also rent a boat and take it for a spin around the bay, under the Coronado Bridge and even to Coronado Island itself.
- Seaport Village is a featured stop on the Old Town Trolley.
Featured restaurants at Seaport Village (and very close by):
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Eddie V’s Steak and Seafood
- Buster's Beach House and Long Board Bar
- Frost Me Gourmet Cupcakes
- Season’s 52
- Edgewater Grill
- San Diego Pier Café
- San Diego Burger Company
Featured shops at Seaport Village:
- American Nostalgia
- Alamo Flags
- Captains Cove
- Best of San Diego
- Gran Havana
- Harley Davidson San Diego
- Seaport Shoe Company
Our latest San Diego Travel Blog article; 'Things to do in San Diego: Guide to Visiting Seaport Village' introduces just a few of the great activities, restaurants, shops and more that you can enjoy during your visit San Diego.
Visit our San Diego Visitors Guide for more recommendations for all there is to do, see and experience when visiting San Diego.