San Diego Activities: Guide to Attending Comic-Con
San Diego Comic-Con is one of the biggest events of the year in San Diego. Understandably, this event can be a bit tricky to navigate to the inexperienced. Our San Diego Travel Blog article, 'San Diego Activities: Guide to Attending Comic-Con' gives tips on how to make the most of this amazing San Diego Event.
Navigating San Diego's largest annual event can be difficult for newcomers and even some veteran attendees. The Gaslamp Quarter Association is happy to share this San Diego Travel Blog article, 'San Diego Activities: Guide to Attending Comic-Con' gives tips on how to navigate Comic-Con and all the related gatherings around this amazing San Diego Event.
- Heavy downtown traffic is expected, and public transportation is strongly encouraged.
- If you must drive, tune into radio station AM 1660 on event days for traffic & parking updates.
- Many parking garages will be bought out by the convention. Others will be charging as much as $60 to park. Late morning or afternoon arrivals should consider parking at lots north of E Street. Use either F Street (westbound) or G Street (eastbound) for drop-offs, they have the best routes to the freeways.
- SDMTS will be increasing their service to and from the Gaslamp Quarter. There will be parking available at SDCCU Stadium for park-and-ride into Downtown.
- The Police Department will be setting up a command center near the intersection of Sixth Avenue and L Street.
- Fifth Avenue between Harbor Drive and J Street will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- Bring your camera / phone! You will see many unexpected and unbelievable things during the convention.
- Log onto Gaslamp.org and on the home page click on the “Things to do” story for all offsite events during Comic Con. Send us your information so we can include it, too!
Attending San Diego's Comic-Con can be frustrating due to the massive crowds, navigating the exhibits and shows but if you do a bit of planning as we point out in our latest San Diego Travel Blog article, 'San Diego Activities: Guide to Attending Comic-Con' you will have an amazing experience at Comic-Con.
See our latest Special Offers when you're ready to book your next stay at our boutique San Diego Hotel.