San Diego Things to Do: April Events in San Diego
April is an ideal time to visit our coastal community and this article, ‘San Diego Things to do in April,’ presents a list of just a few of the activities you may wish to enjoy during your visit.
San Diego is an amazing city to visit any time of year but April kicks off the beginning of summer and months of near perfect weather to enjoy the beaches, outdoor activities, water sports, and nightlife.
Our San Diego Travel Blog article, ‘San Diego Things to Do: April Events in San Diego’ – presents you with some great ideas for all there is to do, see and experience in our beautiful coastal community.
April is an ideal month to visit our lovely city…just as Spring begins and before the rush of summer visitors, April is a great month to get your 'San Diego Fix.'
Cloudless skies, tourist attractions that are ‘not full,’ near perfect temperatures, and of course the welcoming breeze that fills the air with the fresh scent of the ocean.
The beach water is still a bit cool, but most visitors brave the cooler temperatures to enjoy the crystal-clear blue surf.
What is the San Diego Weather like in April?
The rainy season is typically over by April, but there can be a few minor late night or early morning showers here and there.
- Average April Rainfall: 0.78 inches (2.0 centimeters)
- Average Water Temperature for April: 61 F (16 C)
- Sunshine: 67 percent
- Daylight: 12 to 13 hours
- Average High Temperature - April: 68 F (20 C)
- Average Low Temperature - April: 56 F (13 C)
April Events you may enjoy:
- La Jolla Concourse D’Elegance: April 12 – 14, 2019. If you enjoy cars and the art of the automobile, this is a one of a kind show you cannot miss. The beach front location for this popular annual San Diego Event is as much a draw as the event itself.
- Coronado Flower Show: April 13 – 14, 2019. The most extensive Flower Show held under tents in the United States. Over 2,500 ribbons were awarded in the 2018 competition.
- Del Mar Horse Show: April 16 to May 5, 2019. This three-week event is one of the biggest equestrian events in Southern California and more exciting than it sounds.
- Tequila & Taco Music Festival: April 27 & 28. Enjoy the best of local and national vendors bringing tasty Tacos paired with a grand selection of Tequilas.
- La Jolla Half Marathon & La Jolla Shores 5K: April 28, 2019. Recognized as one of America’s most beautiful coastal marathons and 5K’s. This marathon begins at Del Mar Fairgrounds and continues to the climb up to Torrey Pines State Park and down to the beach community of La Jolla Shores and finishes in La Jolla Cove.
- Take in a San Diego Padres Game: With Major League Baseball just underway in April, now is a great time to spend an afternoon enjoying some professional baseball in one of the most beautiful stadiums in the Major Leagues.
- Everything Else: You will not want for something to do during your visit to San Diego in April. Enjoy a day (or 2) at the beach, enjoy the energy of the nightlife in Downtown San Diego, explore the many restaurants and entertainment in Little Italy, browse the many shops and boutiques at the numerous malls and outlet malls in San Diego.
Any time of year is a great time to visit San Diego, and April is no exception...perfect Springtime weather. Our latest San Diego Travel Blog article, 'San Diego Things to Do: April Events in San Diego' - highlights only a few of the best events and activities you can experience in sunny San Diego.
For more tips and recommendations, see our San Diego Visitors Guide!
See our latest Special Offers when you're ready to book your next stay at our boutique San Diego Hotel.