Visit Gaslamp Quarter
One of the best things about staying at The Keating is that you will be in the heart of the famous Gaslamp Quarter home to great restaurants, nightclubs, shops and more.
San Diego is known for the beautiful beaches and perfect weather…but there is something else San Diego is known for…the famous Gaslamp Quarter.
The Gaslamp Quarter is a wonderful 16 square block area of downtown San Diego that is home to great restaurants, nightclubs, comedy clubs, shops, Spreckels Theater and Balboa Theater. Located just a few short blocks from the Gaslamp Quarter is the San Diego Convention Center and Petco Park – home of the San Diego Padres.
What you should know about exploring the Gaslamp Quarter:
- Explore: There are many great things to do, see and experience in Gaslamp Quarter and perhaps the best plan to exploring the Gaslamp Quarter is to not have a plan at all and simply step out the lobby of The Keating and ‘go.’
- Restaurants: The restaurants in Gaslamp Quarter vary from the nationally known franchise restaurants, breakfast restaurants, high end Steak Restaurants and great Sushi Restaurants. Great choices include, Fogo de Chao, Rustic Root, BarleyMash, Biga, STK Steakhouse, Hopping Pig, Theatre Box and Café 222 to name only a few.
- Nightclubs: Did you say ‘…nightlife?’ If so, you will not have a shortage of choices in the Gaslamp Quarter, options include; Omnia, Fluxx, Lair, Parq, Prohibition, bassmnt and others. For the best, and latest and greatest nightclub options just ask our friendly Concierge.
- Live Music: Live Music is also a very popular option in the Gaslamp Quarter. There are some great bars offering live music and even a Piano Bar is great option for those who like to participate and sing along. Live music venues include; Café Seville, Havana 1920, Tin Roof, Moonshine Flats, House of Blues, Patrick’s Gaslamp Pub and many more.
- Shopping: If you’re in for a bit of retail therapy, you have a lot to choose from, including; Bubbles Boutique, Bait, Costa Fashions, Designer Millinery, Lucky Brand, Overload and more.
- Laughs: ‘Come get your laugh on’ at one of the 2 great Comedy Clubs located in the Gaslamp Quarter and just blocks from The Keating; Mad House Comedy Club and American Comedy Company.
- Everything else: There are other great places to experience, coffee shops, cigar shops, dessert shops and more.
Be sure to ask our Concierge for the latest information about exploring the Gaslamp Quarter during your next visit to San Diego.
See our San Diego Travel Blog for informative articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your next visit to San Diego.
View our San Diego Photo Gallery >