San Diego Activities: Visit the Wineries of Temecula
A Day Trip to Temecula to enjoy the amazing Wineries is a wonderful way to discover another side of San Diego away from the beaches.
Of course you can spend days discovering the beautiful beaches, attractions and activities in and around San Diego but if you would like to discover something away from San Diego and if you are lover of great wine than a visit to the wineries of Temecula is a great idea.
Distance from The Keating Hotel: 60 Miles/1 Hour
Temecula Valley is Southern California Wine Country with more than 40 wineries, shops, restaurants, art galleries and more. Located just an hour north of San Diego, Temecula Valley, is a short drive from downtown San Diego.
What you should know about visiting Temecula Valley:
- There are over 40 Wineries in Temecula Valley.
- There are Winery Tours that will pick up and drop off from Downtown San Diego. There are also services like Uber or Lyft that are not too expensive.
- Once you are in Temecula Valley there are countless ways to enjoy the Wineries, restaurants, shops and more. There are Winery Tours you can take from Temecula that can accommodate large groups, small groups or even private tours.
- Consider taking one (or more) of the Wine Making Classes or Wine Tasting Classes to learn everything you have ever wanted to learn about wine. Even if you are not an avid drinker of Wine you are sure to enjoy the process of Wine Making and you will never experience Wine again once you take a Wine Tasting Class.
- One of the most enjoyable activities to experience to tour Wine Country in Temecula is to take a Hot Air Balloon Tour…yep, this is an amazing way to float above the Wineries and to view the landscape below.
- You’ll also be able to buy your favorite Wine and take them home with you!
- After the Wine Tours you can enjoy a great meal at any of the great restaurants in Temecula. There are also great little art galleries and shops to explore as well.
Be sure to ask our Concierge for up to date and Winery Tour information about the visiting Temecula Valley during your stay.
See our San Diego Travel Blog for informative articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your next visit to San Diego.
View our San Diego Photo Gallery >