Things to do in San Diego: San Diego Bay
Visiting San Diego Bay is one of the top San Diego Attractions. San Diego Bay gives visitors a unique opportunity to enjoy Restaurants, play on San Diego Beaches, shop, enjoy a San Diego Harbor Cruise, and so much more!
About Visiting San Diego Bay:
San Diego Bay is one of the San Diego Attractions that promises adventure and entertainment for the entire family. One of the most exciting things to do in San Diego is getting out on the blue waters of the Bay or relaxing on the shoreline’s beaches and in the tourist facilities.
San Diego Bay extends from Point Loma, along Harbor Drive, south to the shores of Imperial Beach. When you visit San Diego, stay at San Diego Hotels like The Declan Suites and you’ll be just moments away from San Diego Bay’s parks and much more fun!
Why You Should Visit San Diego Bay:
There are so many Things to do in San Diego, on the Bay and around the outskirts, such as taking in San Diego Shopping, enjoying water sports, sunbathing on the Bay’s beaches, dining at fabulous San Diego Restaurants, and simply looking at the breathtaking views of the water and sunny skies.
The gorgeous land and seascape that you’ll experience along San Diego Bay is home to a growing collection of public art in San Diego, which are fun San Diego Attractions in themselves. From Shelter Island on the Bay, you can take San Diego Harbor Cruises and dinner cruises to celebrate special Events in San Diego. Visit America’s Cup Harbor and find wonderful Things to do in San Diego like lounging in San Diego gathering spaces or walking the marina.
Visitors’ Tips for Exploring San Diego Bay:
- If you want to step back in time, visit the San Diego Maritime Marina on Harbor Drive, on the edge of the Bay. Roam the decks of several ships, including the Star of India, which is a tall ship that sailed the Pacific during the 1860’s and is still seaworthy today.
- Make your way to picturesque Harbor Island, which is just a few minutes from San Diego Hotels like The Keating Hotel, and you can view far-reaching glimpses of the San Diego Bay.
- Visit bustling Seaport Village, which sits on the shore of the San Diego Bay. At Seaport Village, you’ll find San Diego Restaurants and cafes, San Diego Shopping boutiques, live music venues, and fabulous street performers.
- There are many ways to get to San Diego Bay, but once you’re there, you’ll most likely want to explore on foot or with a San Diego Tour group.
Interesting Facts About San Diego Bay:
- Point Loma was discovered in 1542 and was named San Miguel. This was the beginning of the Bay’s rich history, which starts at the tip of Point Loma where the Cabrillo National Monument is on display.
- Imperial Beach, which sits on the southern edge of the San Diego Bay, is the land link between San Diego and Coronado Island. Its beaches are popular San Diego Attractions for surfers and sand sculpture artists.
Visit our San Diego Travel Blog for interesting articles about all there is to do, see and experience on your next visit to San Diego!