San Diego Attractions: San Diego Museums
When you stay at Hotels in San Diego like The Declan Suites, you’ll be just moments away from some of the top San Diego Attractions – San Diego Museums! Learn about science, technology, art, history, and so much more.
About San Diego Museums:
One of the most popular things to do in San Diego is visiting any of the numerous San Diego Museums, and there are more than 90 museums to choose from in this beautiful vacation destination.
San Diego represents a broad span of cultures, historical events, and artistic genres, and you’ll find most interests and subjects reflected in the holdings of San Diego Museums. From fine art to transportation, you’ll be able to view exciting exhibits and displays at San Diego Museums across the county, from Oceanside to downtown San Diego.
Why You Should Visit San Diego Museums:
San Diego Museums represent a variety of important art works, from classic to contemporary, scientific discoveries, historical artifacts and much more. San Diego attractions like museums delve into art, paintings, sculpture, science and natural history, and most everything in between. The Keating Hotel is close to many of San Diego’s outstanding museums, many of which aim to preserve the past and some of which hope to frame the present and future.
San Diego visitors and residents alike have a chance to take part in the cultural, natural, and historic heritage of San Diego, and to help care for it. There is sure to be a San Diego Museum that will provide you with greater insight, inspiration, and engagement when you’re visiting sunny Southern California.
Tips for Visiting San Diego Museums:
- Balboa Park, often referred to as the “Smithsonian of the West,” houses 16 San Diego Museums in what is the largest urban park in the United States. Visit Balboa Park to view art, aviation exhibits, technology, and science, within what is one of the top San Diego attractions.
- If you are visiting Balboa Park over the course of a few days, you can take advantage of the Passport to Balboa Park, which includes one admission to 14 San Diego Museums over the course of 7 consecutive days. San Diego visitors staying for just 1 day can purchase a Stay-for-the-Day Pass that includes admission to 5 San Diego Museums in 1 day.
- San Diego’s Old Town, the “birthplace of California,” features many historical sites and San Diego Museums, many of which provide free admission.
Interesting Facts About San Diego Museums:
- At the center of San Diego’s Old Town, you’ll find 5 historic buildings in the Whaley House Museum Complex. The main building in this complex, the Whaley House, is noted as the number 1 most haunted housed in the United States by the Travel Channel’s America’s Most Haunted.
- View a rare, original stagecoach at the Wells Fargo Museum in Old Town.
- Most San Diego Museums are child friendly, but the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center specifically caters to children, bringing science to life in Balboa Park with hands-on experiments that are sure to make a child want to learn more.
- The San Diego Model Railroad Museum features an interactive Lionel train layout for children.
San Diego Museum Locations and Contact Information:
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is located at 1875 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 - Telephone: 619.238.1233
- San Diego Air and Space Museum is located at 2001 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101 - Telephone: 619.234.8291
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum is located at 1649 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 - Telephone: 619.696.0199
- Whaley House Museum is located at 2476 San Diego Avenue, San Diego CA 92110 - Telephone: 619.297.9327
Are you looking for interesting articles about visiting San Diego? See our San Diego Visitors Blog >